Wednesday, September 3, 2008

40 weeks and counting...

So we had another doctor appointment today and still no progress. I am now 40 weeks pregnant and counting. The doctor wants to see us again next wednesday for another ultrasound and check-up. She is talking about inducing, but it just depends on how things go. If they find anything out of the ordinary on the ultrasound they will send me straight to the hospital. If everything is ok, she will wait to induce on the 15th. So, right now we are looking at the 10th or 15th depending on if Emma decides on another date to make her grand entrance. I have to admit I was a little bummed to hear that it might be at least 12 more days. I am now working from home, so that will help me relax a little before she gets here. So, I am just trying to take it easy and rest whenever I can. However, I decided to take a little time to update our blog. I have pictures that I have finally uploaded so I could add to our blog page. So...

First, we have some pictures of her room that were taken at the end of July. So, there have been lots of changes since then. But, this will help give you an idea of what it looked like. When I get some newer pictures uploaded I will post them as well.



Next, we have some pictures that were taken on our first shopping trip to Babies R Us and Carter's the day we found out we were having a girl. Let me just say that our first trip to Babies R Us was a little overwhelming. It is such a big store and they put this huge wall of nothing but bottles at the front of the store by the registry desk. So, the first thing we looked at was ALL the different types of bottles there are. And it is ALOT! We kinda skipped over that decision at first as to not stress us out. The store was so big, but it was a lot of fun looking at everything and starting our registry. Carter's was fun because we got to look at all the cute little girl clothes. We tried not to go "overboard" for the first shopping trip. We knew that we would be getting plenty of clothes over the next few months.



And last but not least...we have some pictures we had taken to remember the pregnancy of our first child. Some friends, Bethany and Chris Smith, went to have some maternity pictures taken before the birth of their daughter. I loved the pictures that they had, so we decided to go have some taken to remember this special time. I was just glad that we were able to get them done before Emma arrived. We went two weeks ago, so I was 38 weeks pregnant. These are just a few of our favorites...



So that's all I have so far. I will definately try to keep everyone updated on our progress. And if I get any more pictures uploaded I will try to post them as well. So, stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Emma's room and I know that she will too. The pictures of you and Cliff are beautiful and will always bring back sweet memories of this special time. All of our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love, Sharon

Chris and Bethany said...

The nursery is adorable! I love your maternity pictures, the red shirts were a great idea!