Saturday, February 14, 2009

5 Months...

Well, let me start off by saying Happy Valentine's Day! We took Emma to have her 5 month pictures taken today (here are some of our favorites). It is amazing to look at how much she has changed over the past 5 months.



She started eating her stage 1 baby foods for dinner (rice cereal for breakfast). One flavor a week at a time to check for allergies. We started by giving her sweet potatoes on Sunday, February 1st. I know it was a little before the 5 month mark I mentioned in my last post, but I couldn't wait to see how she would like the baby foods. And let me tell you, she LOVED her sweet potatoes. She kept smacking her lips and making little "mmm, mmm, mmm" noises. So, on Sunday the 8th we gave her bananas. She REALLY likes the bananas too. I think it is because they are really sweet. Yes, I tried her sweet potatoes and bananas. Cliff wouldn't taste them, I think he thought I was crazy. He said the smell of the bananas reminded him of the banana chips (dried bananas). I told him they pretty much taste like them too, only not crispy. This Sunday we are going to give her green beans. It is so funny to watch her eat her baby food. She eats so fast it is hard to keep up. By the time you take the spoon out of her mouth to get more food, she has already swallowed the last bite and has her mouth open like a little birdy waiting for the next bite. It is sooooo cute. I will try to catch a picture of it.

Well, next weekend we are taking our first trip with Emma. We are traveling to Louisiana to visit PawPaw Parker (my grandpa) and Uncle Wayne (my mom's brother). It is going to be a lot of fun, because my Aunt Theresa (mom's sister), Crystal (my cousin) and her kids are coming down too. This will be the first time I have seen them since my wedding (over 3 years ago) and the first time they will get to meet Emma. It will be a fun and interesting trip. This will be the first time we have to pack for a trip since she was born (I hope we don't forget anything).

No comments: