Sunday, June 26, 2011

Progress...

So, it has been almost one month since starting my 'project'. I have to admit I am off to a slow start and I still have a few more items to accomplish before the end of the month. The tasks that are once a month are going to be hard to keep up with. Hopefully I do not loose track over the next 32 months. I am going to try and combine a few tasks into one post each month instead of trying to post each time I accomplish a task. So here's June 2011...

We went to the bank on June 11th to open savings accounts for the girls, separate accounts. Emma had money in her piggy bank that she had gotten for her 1st and 2nd birthday that we put in as well. While we were there, we opened our savings account, which for right now is going to be dual purpose. We are going to deposit money for the down-payment for our first house as well as money for the Disney trip we will be taking for Emma's 5th birthday. So, trip to bank = #7, #8, #9 and #10

Tonight, June 25th, I cooked a recipe from one of my Pampered Chef Season's Best Cookbooks(Spring/Summer 2010) = #17. My new recipe for June - Creamy One-Pot Pasta (with optional chicken). Yummy! I thought about posting the recipe here, but wasn't sure if that was allowed if it is copy-written. Anyone know? If it isn't illegal, I will post it in case anyone else wants to try it. I have some better pictures on my camera that I haven't loaded yet, but here is one that I took and sent myself from my phone.



Cliff had to pick out the sun dried tomatoes because he crazy and hates tomatoes(lol, just kidding honey). I thought it turned out pretty good. I think I will be doing July's recipe earlier because I have another recipe picked out that I want to try from a different Pampered Chef cookbook. I guess we will see. I might actually end up doing more than one new recipe some months, but it just depends. At least this will help me start going through my many cookbooks.

There are a couple more monthly items that I have to complete in the next couple days. #20 - Have a date night with my hubby once a month. We actually went to see X-Men First Class, but it was for my sister-in-laws birthday with a big group of their friends and ice cream afterwards. So, I didn't think that would count since we were with other people and it wasn't just a date night for us. Although, it was kind of like a date since we didn't have the girls while we were out. Oh well, if it counts we will just have two this month. ;) The other is #28 - Take the girls to the park/playground. I was actually going to try and do this today, but we didn't have enough time. Emma and I were talking about horses (can't remember how that came up) and I told her maybe we could go back to the stables (in Ravensway) so she could see the horses. Then we usually go play for a few minutes at the park there by the clubhouse and pool. Maybe tomorrow afternoon we can make it over there. If so, I might have one more post before the end of the month so I can post pictures.

Well, that's about it so far. Like I said, I am off to a slow start, but these next couple years should be fun and interesting. It is going to be so strange to look back in February 2014 to see how much I accomplished while working on this project. And this blog will be a great way to keep track of the memories made. Stay tuned...

No comments: