It is still hard to believe that we are the proud parents of a beautiful 8 week old baby girl. Cliff and I feel truly blessed every time we look at her. We are starting to see more of her personality everyday. She is starting to respond to her name when we talk to her now too. She just laughs and giggles when we say her name and talk to her. We are so proud of the progress she is making and can't wait to see her learn and grow.
Emma celebrated her first Halloween last night. She was a ladybug (of course) and an adorable one (if I do say so myself). Since she was obviously too young to trick-or-treat for candy, we decided to go to Meemaw's, Grahamy's, and Grandma's houses to trick-or-treat for hugs and kisses. They were all pleasantly surprised to see our little ladybug. We also stopped by a friends house to see Maddy in her Halloween costume. She was a ladybug too! They were so cute in their little ladybug costumes. (I have pictures that I will have to post after I get them off of the camera.) Maddy is 30 weeks old and this was her first Halloween too. She is the daughter of a longtime family friend, so it was really nice to be able to go see them.
We took Emma to get her pictures taken again today. These were her "2 Month" pictures and her "First Halloween" pictures. She was still good for the photographer and only fussed a little at the very end. I think she started to get a little warm in her ladybug costume, plus she was starting to get a little sleepy but was fighting it. It had to be a shorter session to keep her happy, but they still turned out cute. Since she is starting to be more active, she showed a little more personality in these. Here are a few of our favorites.
Emma goes to her 2 month checkup on Friday. I know she is going to have to get some shots at this one, but I am trying not to think of it too much. I'm not sure exactly how I am going to handle it. Those of you who know me, know I HATE shots. I don't like getting them and I don't like watching anyone else get one. So, I know it is gonna be hard watching my little baby girl get stuck with a needle. I will have to publish a post after her check up to let everyone know how she is doing and how the doctor visit went. So, check back soon for more updates.
Well, it is getting close to Emma's dinner time and bed time. So, I better get going. Goodnight!
1 comment:
Love the ladybug pictures! Her smile is too cute.
Post a Comment