I know...it has been a while since I have updated this thing. So, I will try to remember everything that has been going on since my last post.
Emma had her first Thanksgiving. Everyone came over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice to have everyone over. My Uncle and Grandpa came over from Louisiana. It was the first time they had been able to meet Emma. Paw Paw brought Emma a really nice wooden swing. I can't wait for her to be able to use it.
On December 10, 2008 we had a "Texas" snow. It started snow while I was at work, but stopped before I got home. Cliff had taken Emma outside while I was at work and I was so bummed when I got home and it had stopped snowing. Well, later that night it started up again. Snow at night is so neat to watch. You can see the snow so well in the dark night. So, we were able to catch pictures of Emma's first snow.
Next was Emma's first Christmas! It was great! We had my extended family Christmas on Christmas Eve at my Grandma's house. It was so much fun! My cousin Ellie helped me bake cookies for Santa since Emma was too small to help. We had more than enough for Santa, so Ellie let everyone have a cookie of their own. We finally went to bed, and made sure we put out milk and cookies for Santa. When we woke up the next morning, we ate breakfast and then started opening presents. It was so nice celebrating our first Christams as a family. It was so much fun Emma fell asleep while opening her presents. We decided to open our presents while she took her "nap". When she woke back up, we finished opening her presents. Christmas afternoon, our families came over to have Christmas at our house. It was nice having everyone over to our house for Christmas. I guess we are officially grownups now since we got to host our family's holiday dinners. It was nice sitting around just visiting and relaxing. We had Cliff's extended family Christmas at our house on the Sunday after Christmas. So, we had a very busy Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment