Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!

We celebrated Emma's 1st Birthday on Sunday! Our little baby girl is ONE!!! It was a wonderful day. No major catastrophes, just a little stress getting everything ready. After church, the girls (Emma, my mom and I) went to pick up Emma's birthday cakes and other food for the party. The boys (Cliff and my dad) went to Lowe's because we were putting in a new toilet in the guest bathroom. We lucked out because the toilet we picked out was already marked down about 20% or so. When they got to the checkout and the lady rang it up it only rang up for about half the original price. So that was a good deal and we are closer to finishing that bathroom.

The party seemed to go well. Emma didn't really nap before hand (just laid in her crib and rested) so I thought she might get fussy, but she didn't. She didn't really sit and open all of her presents, but she did open a few. She would open maybe one or two and then crawl to her room to play. Then she would come back open another one or two and then she was off again. So, I think I might have opened most of her presents for her (but I guess that is pretty common for a first birthday). After the gifts were opened, it was time for cake! I didn't think she would actually want to put her hands all in it, but our trial run on Saturday helped. After she was done with her cake and we cleaned her all up, she was ready for a nap. She partied till she dropped! We had to wake her up to feed her dinner.

I was off on Monday and Cliff only had to work a half day, so she was able to play with all of her toys and see what all she got. I haven't started on the thank you notes, but that is my goal for this weekend.

So all in all I think it was a successful birthday party. Thank you to all of our wonderful family members and friends! We are so blessed for all the love and support we are given. We love ya'll very much! Pictures coming soon...

No comments: