I have been informed that I have not blogged in longer than a long time. So, I figured I needed to write something. Tons has happened since my last post, so I will try to recap the past couple of months in a short, sweet, to the point post.
So, a few updates...
Emma decided on Thanksgiving Day to give the whole walking thing another try and she hasn't stopped since. Nice of her to put it on a memorable day so I can never forget. I think it helped that my two cousins (Elizabeth-4 and Hannah-2) were there running around and Emma of course wanted to join in on the fun. She did pretty good trying to keep up and avoiding being knocked down. It was so cute watching them! We had a wonderful day!
We enrolled Emma at the Montessori Child Development Center and she started full time December 1st. At first it was very emotional trying to decide on a daycare, but this was the one place that I felt a little at ease with. Now that she has been there a while, we love it! She has learned so much already! She loves the kids and the teachers, and we are so happy with the choice we made!
We had Christmas morning at our house and then that afternoon both sides of our family met at my parent's house. Cliff and I decided we didn't want to get much for each other, but rather get one gift for the both of us so we could spend a little more on Emma. Emma got some great gifts from Mommy and Daddy and even Santa stopped by with some cool things. Cliff had been bugging me forever for a Wii, so I finally gave in (our gift to each other). Cliff hooked it up and as soon as Emma fell asleep for her nap, we gave it a whirl. We decided to bring it with us when we went to my parent's house. It was funny watching Cliff and his brothers play! We had a great time together and it was all in all a wonderful day with our families!
We celebrated my 28th birthday in March. I definitely do not feel 28! My brother turned 30 in January which seems old now, until it is my turn! We went to Pappadeaux's for dinner with our families. Great food, great company, wonderful time!
For Easter, we decided to do something a little different. We had been wanting to go camping for a while, so we decided to plan a weekend. Since it was our first time taking Emma camping, we decided to cheat a little and rent a cabin (which was booked for Friday night so we were only there Saturday, Saturday night, and Sunday Morning/Afternoon). Short trip, but nice to get away for a while. Emma stayed up REALLY late and dyed eggs. Then the next morning after breakfast she had her own Easter Egg Hunt. It was a successful first "camping" experience.
Our next camping experience was Mother's Day weekend (and we only cheated a little - tent camping at a site with water and electricity). We went to Lake Livingston State Park for the whole weekend. We got up there Friday afternoon, picked out our spot, set up the tents and waited for the rest of the group to arrive. After Grammy (my mom), Grandma and Grandpa (Cliff's parents) arrived, we started fixing dinner. After we had dinner we got Emma ready for bed. We stayed up a little longer, had s'mores, hung out and played cards. As we got ready for bed and were almost asleep Emma woke up and got sick. We cleaned her up laid back down and then it happened again. We got back up, cleaned her off again (pillow and blankie were casualties the second time). As soon as my head hit the pillow, I heard Emma cough and could see she was getting sick AGAIN! We were running out of clothes/towels/and things to use to clean everyone up (my pajama shirt was a casualty of the third incident). At that moment I thought "This was a HUGE mistake, we are leaving in the morning!" and "OMG, what should I do? Take her down to the bathroom to rinse her off even though she is still half asleep? Will that make her cry even more?". Thank goodness for wet wipes, towels and water. I know some of you might be thinking, "EEEWWW, I did not need to know all that." Well, welcome to the real world and the joys of parenthood. I will try to be understanding and consoling when it happens to you. Well, we were able to get to sleep and had no more mishaps that night. Boy were we exhausted in the morning when Emma woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30 IN THE MORNING! Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa were already awake and kept Emma busy while we slept in a little longer. The weekend started to look up after a disasterous first night. My dad came up Saturday for the rest of the weekend. We went fishing, did a little hiking and just sat around and enjoyed our time away. All in all, it turned out to be a really nice weekend. I had made a photo book for both sets of grandparents of Emma's First Year. They turned out so cute and our parents loved them. I think it was a good Mother's Day gift (even though it was for our moms and dads).
Pictures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment