Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lately...

So, Emma had an announcement to share on her birthday. She is going to be a big sister! That's right, we are going to have a new addition to our family (estimated due date is May 4th). Cliff and I came up with a cute way of sharing the news. It was really just family at the party (lunch at El Carro then gifts, cake and swimming at my parent's afterwards). So the last gift Emma opened was from me and Cliff. We had bought her a set of pjs and an outfit that said Big Sister. She opened it and Cliff held it up to her then turned her around so everyone could see. I think it took a second for everyone to read and let it sink in. Then it was like. "Really?!?" I said, "there's only one way for her to be a big sister." :) I think everyone was so surprised, only Aunt Jess got the picture. We had to recreate it for everyone else to get pics. Really funny. We are super excited!

Cliff and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. We went to San Antonio for the weekend. This was the first trip away from Emma, but I think I did pretty good. I only checked in at night before bedtime (and maybe once in the afternoon). :) We had fun, it had been a while since my last trip to San Antonio. We stayed on the River Walk at a really wonderful hotel (the Omni de la Mansion)! Had a nice dinner at the Tower of the Americas. Walked the river walk (a few times) and went to the Alamo (had been a long time since our last visit). It turned out to be a wonderful weekend for just the two of us. He pretty much planned the whole trip (wanted my advice picking the hotel) but other than that I was able to not worry about planning or making any decisions. Loved every minute of the trip with my wonderful husband!

October came and went so fast I wasn't able to update all the September news on here. And now I need to catch up on October news too. There wasn't as much going on, but I still managed to miss updating our blog page. Sorry.

I guess mostly just Halloween. Emma was (of course) a ladybug again. I was going to find something different and then I saw another really cute ladybug costume. They are just so hard to pass up. :) We let her trick-or-treat at the grandparents' houses as well as a few close neighbors and friends. Not ready to let her go to a total strangers house yet. It was really cute seeing her holdin her little bag as people put treats in for her. She was really getting into it (although saying trick-or-treat was a little difficult for her). Still a cute memorable first experience.

Pictures to be added soon (writing this from my phone)...

1 comment:

Sheryl (Grammy) Graham said...

It did take us a couple of seconds to get it. But we were all so excited.