So, blogging has (unfortunately) been the LAST thing on my mind. I know I'm bad at blogging but I really am trying. Sorry it's been so long since my last post. So, where to begin and still keep this short and sweet?
Since Emma's birthday, we found out the sex of the baby. Here's the story... We decided that since our ultrasound was scheduled so close to Christmas we wanted to do something different. With Emma, we went to lunch after the ultrasound with our moms. We gave them gift bags with all pink stuff inside. So, this time we decided to enlist the help of the ultrasound technician and a long time family friend (Mrs. Zissa). The technician had to keep it a secret from us when she determined the sex of our little one. Then write it down in a card I had purchased for this big announcement. She sealed it up and we tucked it away - NO PEEKING!!! A couple days later, we handed the card over to Mrs. Sharon for her to make us a special cake (pink or blue). She used to be a home-ec teacher, she made my brothers groom's cake, and she is a great secret keeper. So I knew she was the perfect person for the job. Christmas day (after we did our little family Christmas at home) we went to Cliff's parents house to have Christmas with our families (my parents, my grandpa and my brother and sister-in-law came over too). After lunch, when everyone was ready for dessert, we cut into our special cake. It was...
PINK!!!!!
To say we were surprised is an understatement. I think it took a while to sink in (for me at least). Two girls?!?! I was surprised with Emma, but now two?!?! After the shock wore off, the excitement set in! Cliff is such an amazing dad with Emma and now he is going to have two little princesses! I can't wait to see their differences. Not just physically, but also in their personalities. We are truly blessed!
I would also like to send a shout out to our dear friends Aubrey and Matt Heimbaugh who are expecting their first little bundle of joy! We are so excited for them! Sex is still unknown at his point and I'm a bad guesser so I will leave it at that until early March when they have the ultrasound. Baby Beezy is due to arrive July 24th and I just can't wait.
What else... Well, we had a goal to only have one child in diapers. I'm hoping it's not too soon to declare victory, but Emma has been in training panties round the clock with no accidents for over a week now!!! We bought her some big girl panties which we are going to start trying soon, just want to give her a little more time in the training panties. I am so proud of our little girl, she did such a great job and I know she will be a great teacher for her little sister. I've read websites and have been told by other veteran parents that I shouldn't be surprised if there is a relapse at some point (especially when the new baby comes home). So I'm totally prepared, but am confident that our little girl will do just fine (fingers crossed and hoping anyways).
So, I first started writing this post when I woke up this morning (before Emma woke up). Valentines morning and my wonderful hubby is out of town for work this whole week. I miss him so much and it's really hard on me to be apart from him. But it's for work and a big deal for him and his job. So I'm putting on a smile and doing my best while he's gone. He is my best friend, the love of my life, a wonderful husband, and the best father for my little girls. I love you honey!
I wanted to go ahead and post this now. I don't think it stayed short and sweet, sorry. I will add pictures tomorrow sometime (I know I still owe the last post some pictures too). Also any spelling errors or typos will be resolved later as this being written from my iPhone :) Goodnight!
1 comment:
Mrs. Sharon did a wonderful job of secret keeper and it was a unique way of letting everyone know what the new addition to the family was going to be. I was told when I picked up the cake that there was to be no peeking or trying to figure out how to peek. Charla's grandpa (PawPaw) from Louisiana was with me and kindly suggested that he could accidently drop the cake. But I was good and we all found out together. It was wonderful having him there with us.
Post a Comment